Below is a step-by-step guide to onboarding with WooCommerce! Before you start, here are some things to know before you begin this process:
- This integration requires you to have the WooCommerce plugin installed and activated in WordPress.
- Your host environment must meet WooCommerce's minimum requirements, including SOAP Client Support.
Step 1: Receive an invitation to join Canal
You can accept the invitation to join Canal sent via email by your partnered Supplier or if you didn't receive an email just navigate to app.shopcanal.com/signup to create an account.
Step 2: Create an account
- Enter your Brand name along with the email and password you want to use to login and select Create account.
- Select Sign up as a Storefront
- Select WooCommerce as your preferred integration
- Input your WooCommerce URL. This can be found under Settings > General > Site address
- Input your referral code or select I was not referred
Step 3: Complete in-app onboarding
After your account is created, you'll be prompted to complete the Canal app onboarding steps.
Specify brand name that partners will see
Enter email contacts
- Primary Contact. This email will receive all communication from Canal
- Customer Service contact
- Additional collaborator emails. This is anyone else you want to have access to your Canal account
- Add payment information
- ACH or Credit Card
- Select shipping settings
Step 4: Finish setting up your profile
At this point, your account is created and you're ready to sell with Canal! The homepage will prompt you to complete your profile for partners to see.
- Add Brand images & description
- Add categories & values
Have a brand you want to partner with on Canal? Learn how to invite them here!