Below is a step by step on how to onboard to Canal!
Step 1: Sign up for Canal
To get started with Canal you can navigate to app.shopcanal.com/signup to create an account. Or if you were invited via email by a partnered Storefront, you can accept the invitation to join Canal sent by selecting Get Started.
Step 2: Create an account
- Enter your Brand name along with the email and password you want to use to login and select "Create account".
- Select "Sign up as a Supplier"
Step 3: Complete in-app onboarding
After your account is created, you'll be prompted to complete the Canal app onboarding steps. To complete onboarding you'll need to add:
Brand name that partners will see along with your website
- EDI Information
- ISA ID
- ISA ID Qualifier
- Primary Contact. This email will receive all communication from Canal
- Customer Service contact
- Additional collaborator emails. This is anyone else you want to have access to your Canal account
- Business location
Set partner commission
This is the percentage your Storefront partners will earn on sales of your product.
Standard rates vary between 35% and 40%.
- Shipping policy
- Shipping costs you would like Storefront's to pay on average
- Your average fulfillment time
Step 4: List your products on Canal
To import your products to Canal you can either complete the Test Scenarios for 832 & 846 from your system of record detailed here. Or you can upload your products via CSV under the Listings page within the Canal for Supplier app.
It's important to be sure that you do not edit the CSV format when adding your products, this will cause the upload to fail. You can read more about Canal's CSV template requirements here.
Have a brand you want to partner with on Canal? Learn how to invite them here!